Dr. Serena Martorana
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Dr Serena Martorana obtained her Master Degree in Medicine and Surgery before her Specialization in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Catania, Italy.
During her study, she made a full-time training course at O.U. of Pediatric Neurology at the University Hospital Centre “Gui de Chauliac” in Montpellier (France).
Since 2010, she worked in Milan (Italy) at “Fatebenefratelli Hospital” being in charge of children and adolescents affected by serious clinical features of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities, Behavioural Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Epileptic Encephalopathy, Genetic and Metabolic Diseases and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Since 2012, she worked as a head clinical director in the Assisted Therapeutic Community “Ethos” in Gela, Italy. She has treated several cases of child and adolescent patients affected by Neurodevelopmental Disorders, ADHD, Addiction Disorders, Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders, Bipolar and related disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorders, Somatic Symptoms and Related Disorders, Obsessive-compulsive and related Disorders, Depressive and Anxiety Disorders, Disruptive, Impulse Control and Conduct Disorders, Eating Disorders, and Personality Disorders with other troubles related.
Since 2018, she worked as a Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Consultant in the Public Hospital and Service of Mental Health in Catania (Italy), focusing her attention on children and adolescent affected by ADHD and behavioural problems, Dyspraxia, Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Tourette’s Syndrome, Mood Disorders and other emotional disorders.
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Communication Disorders (language disorders, speech sound disorders, social or pragmatic communication disorders, childhood-onset fluency disorder)
- Specific Learning Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Neurodevelopmental Motor Disorders (developmental coordination disorders, dyspraxia, stereotypic disorder, tic disorders, Tourette’s syndrome)
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Stressor related disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control and Conduct Disorders
- Substance-Related and/or Internet Addictive Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and other Psychotic Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Bipolar and related disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and related disorders
- Somatic Symptoms and related disorders
- Feeding and Eating Disorders
- Elimination Disorders (Enuresis and Encopresis)
Qualifications and memberships:
- Master Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Specialization in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry